If you have children at school, then you are sure to know all about World Book Day… If you don’t then basically you as a parent have a HUMONGUS responsibility to try and create a Costume of a Literacy Character. Then you spend hours upon hours if not days trying to create your precious little angels the impossible costume there begged you at the beginning week!
Now technically your costume has to be of a literacy character, like; Wheres Wally, Horrid Henry, Willy Wonka etc etc. But my boys decided to be Steve the Character from the Minecraft Game!! :/ But apparently he’s a Literacy Character because he features in the Minecraft build book, so therefore its fine! (in the words of Daulton)
So as you can guess from the lovely Photo of Daulton Dressed up as Steve, I had the lovely task of making not 1, but 2 Steves from Minecraft, and of course not forgetting a matching Sword Prop just to finish the costume off.
How I Did It:
- I found a website and downloaded the PDF document to make Steves Head
- Printed them out using Adobe Reader X on Glossy Paper
- Found a Box 12×12″ and stuck each piece together on the box
- We needed a Diamond Sword, so I found a PDF containing what I needed to print out
- You should really use Foam Board, but I couldn’t find that anywhere so had to settle for thick white card
- Cut them all out and stick them on the Card/Board
- Grab a blue T-Shirt or dye a white T-Shirt Blue like I had too
Ta Daaaa all done… Now I just hope it doesn’t rain tomorrow on the school run :/ I shall add a picture of Ashton in his costume, when he allows me too (he’s not overly keen on his picture being taken) x