We needed a Bath just like any other parent. I knew very early on in my Pregnancy that I will be having a C-Section due to Major Brain Surgery I had 3 years prior. This would also be my 3rd C-Section, I knew what to expect and knew exactly what I needed to help me through those early weeks.
When I had my sons, I used just a Mamas & Papas Bath Support Seat which suckers to the bottom of a Normal bath. Unfortunately when we bought our 1st Home we put in a HUGE Corner bath, totally didn’t think about how long these types of baths take to fill even just a inch of water!. So we decided to get the Mamas & Papas Acqua Two Stage Ergo Baby Bath RRP: £28.00 as I figured that would of course fill up a lot quicker than our big bath and plus it has a built in support seat which im use too and a fan of.
- Holds baby securely so you can have both hands free with the built in Baby seat
- It has a section at the other end to allow a toddler to sit up and bathe in comfort
- Compact area which fills up with water fairly quick
- Moulded sections at the top which allows you have the soap, sponge etc close to hand
- Maximum water line clearly visible on the inside
- The built in baby support seat is quite on the large size. Layla was 6lb 11oz born and fairly long but it didn’t snuggly fit her
- Although it has a plug, its pretty useless when you try to drain the bath whilst in your Big Bath, as there is no room underneath for the water to drain away, this resulted in me just lifting the bath up and tipping it out… which I shouldn’t of done as I had a C-Section
- The bath overall is large so you need a large space to store this whilst not in use
We loved using the Baby Bath!… Layla always looked so comfortable in the seat support section even if I was abit worried that she was too tiny, so her bum would slide to the side, but she never fell through. The Bath was a little pricey at £28.00 compared to most other baths, but I feel it was money well spent. After a few weeks I bought the Mamas & Papas Bath Support Seat as I found it easier to bathe all 3 kids at the same time. I would quite happily buy it again and I recommend it 🙂
(Disclosure: We purchased the Mamas & Papas Acqua Two Stage Ergo Baby Bath ourselves. All opinions and honest words are our own)